Bloodlust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel

The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Empty
PostSubject: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:41 am

The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Autumn_in_texas_by_nerdynotdirty
The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Autumn

A cool breeze blew through the streets of Philadelphia. Autumn threw her books on the bench and groaned. She plopped down beside the bricks with words and buried her head in her hands. It wasn't that the material she learned in school was difficult. She had been through it so often that it was second nature to her. It was her "classmates". Every year the group became more and more annoying, drunken, and illiterate. She peered reviewed an essay today and the way the girl wrote it was with tons of acronyms and shortening of words. It made her head hurt and she couldn't understand what the ditzy girl was trying to say. She ended up drawing a big X through the entire paper, which got her the loveliest glare from its author. After that interesting English class she sat alone at lunch. Again. "Honestly Autumn...it's been the same way for years, what else do you expect? You're always the same person and they only get worse with each generation.." she mumbled to herself. How children could get worse in the next generation she couldn't even imagine, but, then again, she'd never picture THESE kids that run around today.
                  Autumn couldn't help but long to travel again. However, now that she was trying to make something of herself for the long run, she couldn't do that. If she wanted to go through high school again, she'd have to stay for another year. Autumn let out a sigh, telling herself that it wasn't very long. She did, after all, have quite a while. Autumn decided it'd be best to start on her homework as she waited for her bus to take her back to her small apartment she was barely able to pay for. The landlord took pity on her "orphan" story and let her have the apartment for almost nothing. But because she only made minimum wage and she wasn't able to work very often, money was still tight. Autumn opened up her math book, whizzing through the calculus problems with ease. When she first learned calculus it was quite difficult, but as she went on and learned it a few more times it, like the rest of school, became second nature.
                  Autumn sighed, glancing across the streets of Philadelphia to see if she could see her bus coming. Usually it was here by now. "Must be traffic.." she mumbled, scratching her nose before returning to her work. It was then that a stray cat wandered forward and stared up at her with sad eyes. Autumn smiled at the creature, remembering her instincts from when she shifted into a cat. She put her hand out, allowing the cat to sniff it before it let out a soft mew. Before she knew it, it was as if she was talking to the animal through a series of mews, purrs and body language. It was easier as the actual animal, but from time to time she'd remember a few things. Autumn reached into her pack, pulling out her back of crackers. She set a few on the ground and the cat ate them hungrily before giving a meow of thanks and padding away to beg for more food. Autumn shook her head and smiled. She glanced once more for her bus, finding it still had yet to arrive before she turned to her next section of work for school tomorrow.

Last edited by Angel on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:03 pm

The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Tumblr_lshqbdhXWG1r3jhfeo1_500
The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Levi

"No, I need it delivered by next week. Yes, Chris, it's because I don't want to feed on the people here. It's a little something called common courtesy." Levi sighed, and snapped the cell-phone shut. Angrily, he shook his head, and rubbed his temples. The Vampires he knew back at home were such imbeciles. All he wanted was to have an intelligent conversation with someone of his own kind. It also didn't help that they were rather frightened of him, all because he could survive in sunlight. Levi pushed himself from the brick wall he was leaning on, and continued on his way. He wasn't sure why he had come to Philadelphia; it had been an impulse decision, really. Levi had just packed up one day (even though he only a suitcase worth of belongings), and jumped on the next flight to Pennsylvania. Now, here he was, lugging a beat-up beige bag with him, bored as one could get. Despite how large New York City was, there was barely any Otherworlders, and the same applied here. As exciting as being a Vampire was, it became rather annoying when you had no friends, nobody you could speak with like one.

Absently ruffling his hair, Levi glanced around, hoping that somebody would stick out to him. Otherworlders tended to have that kind of sixth sense, where they could tell others of the same kind apart from mortals. Vampires, of course, were easy to tell apart. Pale skin, pointed canines and incisors; well, they tend to stick out in a crowd. Others, such as Faeries, Shapeshifters and the like, they were harder to spot. Sighing once more, he closed his eyes, and continued walking silently. By the time he opened them back up, he stopped in his tracks, spotting a rather odd sight. On a nearby bench sat a girl, who was speaking to a cat through very un-human sounds. Raising an eyebrow, Levi found himself intrigued, inferring that the girl wasn't a simple mortal. Levi waited until the cat had padded off, and began approaching her. What if he was wrong, though? She could be an average person, who just happened to be a cat-whisperer. Shrugging, he decided to take the change; besides, what harm would asking a mortal a few questions do? If she learned to much, that was easily taken care of. Or course, a lot mortals know of the Otherworlder's existence, but many times they were directly in relation with them.

"Excuse me," he started, speaking directly to her, "that's rather odd behavior. Mind if I ask where you learned to do that?" He smiled dryly, as if expecting her to completely avoid the situation. Silently, he pondered what exactly she was; other than a mortal, of course. She could be a Faerie, but she didn't seem like one. Most of them were more...natural, and less sane. Dropping his bag by the bench, Levi crossed his arms, and waited for her reply. Letting out a yawn, a minuscule smile crossed his face, as if he expected her to lie, and tell him that he was crazy. Taking the opportunity, he examined her closer. She was rather attractive, yes; not like many other girls, though. She didn't have a glamour-type of beauty, though. Disregarding her, now, he glanced at the street, noticing the lack of cars. Furrowing his brow, he shrugged, and ignored it.

Back to top Go down
https://bloodlust-rp.forumotion.com
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:25 pm

The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Autumn_in_texas_by_nerdynotdirty
The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Autumn

Autumn jumped at the sound of the voice and spun to face its owner. Usually she was able to sense others around her, but this boy had come up unnoticed. She examined him, her brow furrowing. He had all the looks of a Vampire, but how was he out in the sun? Autumn listened to his question and pondered her response. She had a few options here...
                  1) Be blunt. If he's just human he'll probably laugh nervously and walk away, simple enough. But if he's not human and is offended or threatened that she would give away her secret so easily, it could end badly for her. Deciding against this option, she continued on in her thought process.
                  2) Lie. This was simple enough. It doesn't even have to be a complete lie. It could be something like "I guess I just have a connection with animals.." Which was true, since most shape-shifters were unable to pick up animal tendencies and remember a few, even in human form. This, to her, seemed like her best option. However, despite her thought process, the thing that came out of her mouth was not at all what she had expected.
                  "A better question is, how are you out in sunlight?" she asked, arching a pale eyebrow. 'Why did I just say that? Why. Did. I. Just. SAY THAT?!' she thought frantically. Her thoughts continued to go on like this, though she attempted to keep the sudden fear out of her eyes. 'What if he's not a vampire? He'll get suspicious. Or what if he is and he gets upset? Might be able to fight off some things, but a vampire? That's out of my range of skills...' she thought. Autumn bit at her lower lip and averted her gaze.
                  She decided to pray that maybe his distraction with the lack of cars had made it so he didn't hear her response. Shrugging her shoulders, Autumn turned back to her notebook full of homework answers. She quickly solved a physics question before she spoke again. "I guess I'm just good with animals? I don't really see it as anything special," she said, still keeping her gaze on her notebook. Thoughts continued to swirl through her mind as she contemplated the consequences to her sarcastic, smart remark to his inquiry. Sometimes Autumn's actions were faster than her brain. Even though she may put thought into something, even if it is for a brief moment, she'll do the exact opposite of what she would originally anticipate. Autumn's gaze flickered back up to the boy in anticipation, hoping that her remark wouldn't cost her anything too drastic. He was a handsome boy at least. He appeared to be about her age, but again, that was a shaky subject. Although he was very physically attractive, Autumn wouldn't allow herself to be distracted by such things. Especially at a time like this.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:44 am

The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Tumblr_lshqbdhXWG1r3jhfeo1_500
The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Levi

When she jumped, he grinned, recalling that with the vamparism came a type of swift, silencing grace. It seemed to occur to all of his kind; they made no sound when they walked, nor were they clumsy. It was kind of a blessing, though that seemed so contradictory. He wondered slightly what was running through her head. She must have been trying to determine what exactly he was, just like him. No doubt she was listing her options off in her mind, like he had. Levi had never been decisive, anyways. One moment he could be on a thought, and the next it would be gone without a trace. Perhaps it was because he had so much faith in his charisma and looks, he never had to think things fully through. It's not like he disregarded anything unreasonable, though. He knew that when something wouldn't work, it just wouldn't. That was obvious, of course. When she finally spoke, he resisted letting out a blunt laugh. She was so easy to let out her secret, it was painful. Though a sarcastic retort found it's way to his lips, he pushed it back, keeping it to himself. Afterwards, she shrugged oddly, and returned to her work. Then, after writing a few things, she spoke again, not facing him. Clearing his throat, he chuckled, and commented on her look towards her. "Also," he began, "very impulsive, I see."

Smirking, he continued. "Good with animals my ass," he retorted. "You're very fast to let your barriers down, Shapeshifter. That'll come back on you one day." There was no need to act anymore, so he simply let the comments roll out. If he wanted to learn anything, he need to dive right in, and let her know that he knew what she was; and he suspected that she knew exactly what he was, as well. Besides, it wasn't hard to figure out. "I might just call you Kitten," he said, raising an eyebrow. "It fits you." Rolling up his sleeves, Levi let his natural charm and sarcasm take over. He had never had difficulty speaking with people, really. All it took for guys was a connection; he was a guy himself, so it was rather easy to speak to them. As for women, all Levi had to do was smile and flirt, and they were putty in his hand. He didn't consider himself manipulative, though. He was simply innovative, and charming, and nice.

"If you'd truly like to know the answer to your question, sweetheart, it's a long story." Levi smirked matter-of-factly. That story was indeed long, though if he was questioned, he was sure he could come up with something. Despite how much of a reputation he gained for being a Solus, it's not like he advertised it. Many people, including the Children of the Night, made him an outcast, either out of fear of envy. Being a Solus was actually a very dangerous thing, despite what it seemed. The Holy could never let him rest; their confusion drove them to mania when it came to him, because they just wouldn't let it go. If there was something they didn't know, especially when it was the Dark Children, they fussed until they learned it.

Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:44 am

Autumn's cheeks flushed a bright shade of scarlet and she averted her gaze. "I'm so sorry... Usually I'm not as blunt.." she said, glancing up at the boy. She bit her lip, quickly averting her gaze again. What if he hadn't been a vampire? What would her actions had gotten her into then? Autumn was always a spontaneous, if not a bit reckless, person. Even if she put thought into something, she'd change her mind at the last minute an just take a leap of faith. When he suggested the name Kitten, she frowned. "The name is Autumn.." she retorted, showing that she wasn't a fan of the nickname.

Autumn moved her items off of the bench, patting the spot beside her. "I like stories. Though if you don't want to share, I'll understand," she said. Autumn had to admit, the boy, even though he was a vampire, was very attractive. However, she tried to not let this physical attraction distract her. What if he turned out to be dangerous? She could be drooling and swooning over his good looks. It'd get her killed.
                  So, to try and prevent this from happening, Autumn turned back to her homework. A few moments later, a bus finally pulled out from around the corner. Autumn rose to her feet, gathering her things. Thankfully, she'd be home soon. However, instead of the bus actually stopping to pick her up, it just drove by, a single wheel squeaking as it went. Autumn waved her arms and shouted after bus, but her efforts failed.

With a huff, she plopped back onto the bench and groaned. "Well that's just great... That was the last bus to my apartment!" she grumbled. When she realized that she was being rude, Autumn smiled sheepishly. "Sorry..." her voice trailed off as she turned her gaze down the street. "Well, looks like I'm walking home," she said. Autumn slung her bag onto her shoulders and gathered her multiple school books in her arms. She turned to the boy and gave a friendly smile. "You're welcome to join me," she said. Without waiting for a reply, Autumn turned and started down the sidewalk. "Or not," she called, finishing her offer for his company. Somehow to talk to would be nice, but unnecessary. She could always communicate with one of her animal friends. Though that would be difficult. Most animal communication methods require her hands to be free for physical movements and patterns. The sun was starting to sink in the sky now. Usually, Autumn would be home. She knew that the city was overrun by Otherworlders at night, so having a vampire as company would be helpful. 'But maybe he has to go somewhere...Besides, it's not like I can make him go..' she thought, biting her lip. Autumn slowed her pace a bit, hoping that maybe the boy would join her.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 2:50 am

When she explained how she wasn't this frank all the time, he shrugged, and waved it away. "No, no, forget about it. It happens to the best of us." He grinned reassuringly, and waggled his eyebrows. "Autumn?" he questioned, crossing his arms. "It does suit you, I assume." Levi looked the girl over, and nodded. "If you know what I mean, of course." When she gestured for him to sit by her, he instantly took in her offer, and sat, adjusting himself. "So, story time, huh? Well then..." He rubbed his hands together, and laid back on the bench, staring ahead at the other buildings. "Where to start, where to start..." He cleared his throat, glanced over at her, and began his tale as she continued her work. "So, a wee bit after I had become a vampire, I had to feed. It was only my third or fourth feeding, but I had already grown to despise the act. Anyways, I was shadowing this boy, couldn't have been older than 14, and he just continued to twist and turn through this jungle of alleys. Finally, I had him cornered, and I took the chance. Blah blah blah, all those details, and it turns out he was an Angel, apparently. I assume that was the reason that sunlight has never harmed me since. Although, it could've been something else, but that seems like the most logical reason." The story wasn't as long as he thought it would be, as he had managed to condense the content, but by the time he had finished his retelling, she had already finished up and stood. Levi's eyes also locked onto the bus as it accelerated towards the two. However, it sped by, Autumn shouting and waving at it. Chuckling, he watched as she sat back down.

Levi's eyes also locked onto the bus as it accelerated towards the two. However, it sped by, Autumn shouting and waving at it. Chuckling, he watched as she sat back down. When she once again apologized, he flat-out laughed. "Really, you say sorry too much. Don't be so apologetic, your actions aren't as insulting as you seem to think, Kitten." Standing up just as she did, he yawned, stretching out in the process. Turning, he jogged after her, catching up easily. "You're very trusting, even if you've made a fatal mistake." He slipped his arm around her as they walked, grinning so that his pointed incisors showed. "You've just invited a stranger, a vampire no less, to come see your home, the place you rest at night. Don't you see the problem with this?" He remained silent for a moment, before smiling mischievously. "Joking, joking."

"Anyways, what's your story? I've never met a Shapeshifter before. Tell me about yourself. Your, er...powers. Elaborate, please." Levi glanced around as he waited, and noticed for the first time that the sun was beginning to sink in the sky. As usual, he began to feel more awake and alive than he did when the light was beating down on him. Even if he could survive in the sunlight, it didn't mean that he enjoyed it too much. He still felt sleepy, and slightly fatigued during the day. Disregarding his thoughts, Levi returned his gaze to the girl, and smiled. "Go on, Kitten, continue."

[/color]
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:22 am

Autumn listened intently to the story, nodding her head as he spoke. Slowly, she began to lose interest as she heard the bus turning a corner up ahead. She had risen to her feet before the end, but she caught the gist of it. Drink an Angel's blood, live in sunlight. Simple. "That didn't seem like a long story to me.." she pointed out, arching an eyebrow. When he mentioned her apologizing, Autumn frowned, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "I stood up while you were speaking and screamed for my bus, that's not exactly polite. I mean, it's not like I punched you, but it's still something to apologize for," she said, pursing her lips as she studied him curiously.
                  When he slipped an arm around her, Autumn squirmed a bit, finding the touch to be a bit uncomfortable. She calmed herself, deciding to just ignore it before she spoke. "I know better than to wander the streets at night, when the other of your kind are able to feed. I'm more afraid of those that might make a meal of me than I am of you. Besides, I never actually said you could come in. Think of yourself as a body guard of sorts," she said with an entertained gleam in her eye. She turned her gaze forward, focusing on her route home. It'd be about an hour walk or so, but it wouldn't be too bad.
                  "My story? Well there's not much to tell really... I was born in Philadelphia, but that's not particularly exciting. I've always had a strong connection to animals, so my ability to hold my shape in animal form is much stronger to hold my shape in any other type of form. My dad's always been good with inanimate objects, but they've never been my thing. I find them boring. Anyway, I'm going to skip my family, other than the fact that my mother is not a shapeshifter. She died a few years back, since I age slower than she does. My dad and my brother are both shapeshifters. And yes, I do age, I just age much slower. I've also had enough time to graduate from high school twice and finish college four times, and I'm still quite young for a shapeshifter. It's pretty easy being a shapeshifter, to be honest. You just have to blend in. Shapeshifters have a different smell than humans, vampires and other creatures, we smell like a bunch of different things in one. It's an accumulation of all things we've ever changed into, since our body retains those aspects even after once we've taken original form. I'm able to change my appearance however I want, but I don't believe in doing that. I've experimented, so if I ever feel the need to make myself more attractive I know how and can hold my shape, but I think it'd be wrong to do that. Um..." Autumn's voice trailed off a bit, finding that she was talking quite a bit. "There isn't much else to tell...The biggest problem of a shapeshifter is our smell. That and don't ever get caught losing your shape in public. Learning to hold shapes isn't a natural gift. You're born with the ability to change shape, but it takes years of practicing to learn how to keep your shape. But you can't stay in a shape for too long...otherwise things begin to change. Your mind starts to think like that thing you've shifted into. You start to believe you are that creature or object. Even after you tire and revert back to your original form, your mind has basically turned to jelly. You could lose yourself and believe that you are that animal, person or object. Say you decided to observe a pack of wild dogs.." Autumn's voice trailed off and her expression grew dark, but she continued. "You change your shape to appear like one of those dogs, change your smell, your forms of communication, everything. You go into the pack and learn their ways, their traditions. You become a wild dog. Even the best shapeshifters have a limit for how long they can hold shape. For me it's about five days. Well, even after you've reverted into your original form, you still believe that you are one of those wild dogs. You become one of the beasts you were observing. Slowly, you'll start to lose yourself. You'll forget who you were and not remember your family or friends. If you go back, if you ever go back, you'll be constantly making sure you don't fall into that again. Even if you are able to regain your human memories and live a generally normal life again, that beast you once were is just below the surface, waiting for you to hold shape for just a little bit too long to burst back out. You always have to watch yourself and make sure you don't go mad..." Autumn finished her speech, allowing her gaze to flicker over to Levi. She pursed her lips, picking up her pace a bit. The sun had completely set now. "But I wouldn't know anything about that..." she added, realizing she had practically given her past away on a silver plater.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:16 am

LEVI MEREDITH

"I managed to shorten it down a bit. I could add more details but they're...not important," Levi explained, thinking about all of her previous comments. "Body guard?" He furrowed his brow, unsure of the use of the word. "Oh well. I guess I can handle that." He gave her a toothy grin, before she started on her history. He continued to nod, slipping from the conversation at random intervals. For a moment, he thought back on her aging comment, frowning. Levi had nearly forgot what it was to age. As a Vampire, he had the gift of immortality; not invincibility, but immortality. His body would never age, nor would it perish by natural causes. Breathing wasn't even required, therefore making suffocation and drowning impossible. Many people would have dreamed to have this gift. To Levi, however, it was a curse. Immortality meant watching those you love die around you.

"You always have to watch yourself and make sure you don't go mad..."

Levi panicked, realizing he hadn't been listening. His eyes shot over, meeting her gaze. "But I wouldn't know anything about that..." "Oh, yeah, of course." He smiled, as if to insinuate that he had been paying attention. Then, the hair on the back of his neck stood up, as he realized that other Night Children were emerging from their dens. He could sense them, walking among the average, everyday people that passed the two. If one had known this, any normal human, it would be very intimidating news. In response to this, Levi pulled the girl closer to him, and glanced around, in preparation for anything.

Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:29 am

Autumn flinched a bit as she was pulled closer. She had never been a big fan of physical contact. She enjoyed to have her space and let other people have there's. So this was a new experience for her. Autumn glanced over at Levi, examining him a moment before she studied the faces surrounding them. "They've come out, haven't they?" she asked, assuming that's why he suddenly got more alert. Autumn tightened her grip on her books. She could feel her knuckles turning white. Autumn tried her hardest to hide her anxiety that was welling up in the pit of her stomach. Ever since she was little, her parents had their rule. Don't go out walking after dark. Building were usually okay, public transportation was usually okay, but walking was just asking for a vampire to come. This was the first time she had gone walking after dark in a long time, and it made her nervous. "So tell me, how good of a bodyguard do you think you'll actually be? Because we still have a ways to go until we get to my apartment.." she said, glancing over at her companion.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:42 am

LEVI MEREDITH

Levi nodded at her first question, still deciding which were potential enemies, and which were normal people. "They like the blood of other non-Humans. It's better than just average mortals. They can smell it, too. Hell, I can smell it. It's like honey, just radiating off of you. And trust me, nobody wants the vinegar." He stiffened, and passed another pale figure, who eyed him suspiciously. "For me to be assisting you home is like turning traitor on my fellow Vampires. They take no pity on those who don't fight for their own kind. I'm surprised you've lived this long." When she glanced over at him, he thought about it for a second, before answering. "If they even try to get at you, I'll rip them apart limb by limb." He grinned at her. "I'm assuming that's good enough?"

"You see," Levi began, "the trick is to stay out of the shadows. Go through street lights and past buildings, but never take shortcuts or back ways. That's just like begging a child of the Night to come get you." He pondered something else, and continued. "Of course you could always try shifting into a wolf. We don't like them too much. Although, I'm not sure the mortals would like a best parading down their streets." He snickered quietly, and glanced at her, a small grin on his face. "It's probably best to just avoid walking alone at night."

Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:07 am

Autumn nodded her head. When he mentioned that he would be considered a traitor, she frowned, stiffening a bit. "This isn't going to get you hurt then, is it? Because if it is, it's not worth it. My apartment is only a few blocks down, I can make it on my own.." she offered. Autumn pointed in the direction of her apartment. It really was just three more streets down and then around the corner, nothing particularly drastic. "When I was little, my parents set a rule that I wasn't allowed to go out at night because of the Vampires in the area we lived. I just learned to get home before the sun went down, and I continued to live that rule my entire life. This is the first time in a very long time that I've been out at night. The only reason I am is because my stupid bus decided to be late and then not to stop.." she explained, fidgeting a bit with the pile of books in her grasp.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:25 am

LEVI MEREDITH

"Of course not," he muttered, in response to her first question. "I never have liked the Vampires in this area too much anyways. They're a little more hostile than the ones back at home. Of course, it's probably because most of them travel in groups, while I'm a rogue. I never have liked the company of my own kind." Frowning a bit, he thought back to what she had said about her parents. "That's rather smart, really. Some of my people have no morals. They feed on the innocent; it's revolting, really. Of course, I was like that at one point." He cleared his throat, thinking back to worse times. "Anyways, you're rather lucky that I happened to stumble upon you. If I didn't, then they'd probably be drinking your blood through a straw right now."

Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:32 am

Autumn frowned, crinkling her nose a bit in disgust. "Well thank you so much for that image..." she muttered. She stopped in front of her apartment building. "Well, here we are," she said. She removed Levi's arm from around her and walked to the steps to the door. She unlocked the front, using a key-card to enter the building. She glanced back at Levi a moment, contemplating about letting him in. "This might be a huge mistake, but you're welcome to come in. You did, after all, offer to rip someone apart if they came near me. I think that allows you at least sometime in a warm apartment," she pointed out. She waited, keeping the door propped open with her foot. This time she couldn't go on without him and hope he'd catch up. If she left the front door would be locked. So, she waited for his response, hoping he'd make it quickly.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:46 am

LEVI MEREDITH

"I hope you're not planning on burning me alive, or cutting my head off, or stabbing me through the heart. It kind of hurts, you know." Levi grinned, and strolled past her, into the building. "Yeah, it was getting a bit chilly out there." He said it mainly for an excuse to come inside; Vampires had no internal body heat. "Yeah, someone actually tried that once. Real nice girl, by the name of Kirsten. 'Soon as I walked in she came running at me with a candle. A weaselly one she was." Levi brushed a bit of hair from his eyes, and smirked again. "If you hadn't invited me inside, I was at least expecting a goodnight kiss," he joked, laughter in his eyes. "So, lead on." Levi gestured for her to continue, as he would follow. Glancing around the room, he thought about one of the Vampire groups he knew back in New York, who ran out of an abandoned apartment. In that state, he had gained a reputation about being able to survive the harmful rays of the sun. Therefore, nearly all of his kind welcomed him with open arms. This was definitely better than that building had been though. Most of the windows were broken, rats scurried around the floor, and humans constantly came around to vandalize the place. Yes, this was much better indeed.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:56 am

Autumn snorted with laughter. "No, I don't plan on attacking you. But that does sound entertaining, I would have loved to be there to see a girl come at you with a candle," she said, arching an eyebrow. Without waiting for a response, she opened the door to the stairwell. Since the building was privately opened and rented out for apartments, there was no elevator. But there were only five floors, and Autumn was only on the fourth. She stuffed her books in her empty bag and shifted into a dog. A border collie to be exact. Her form was enveloped in a silver light before her change and afterward she stood in dog form. It was faster climbing stairs as a dog. She bounded up the carpeted steps, her tail waving behind her like a flag. She stopped at the door that had a large number 4 on it. Her shape changed again and she was human once more. "And yes, that does answer your silent question of whether or not the clothes stay with the change," she said, her eyes dancing with excitement. She always got that enthusiastic glint when she changed shape, it was like a new adventure waiting to happen.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:05 am

LEVI MEREDITH

Levi grinned, chasing the dog up the stairwell. Getting there a few seconds after Autumn, he leaned against the railing. A few moments later, a female Shapeshifter was once again in front of him. "And yes, that does answer your silent question of whether or not the clothes stay with the change." He shrugged, grinning wildly. "Caught me." Clearing his throat, Levi examined her again, and smiled, intrigued. "So, that's what happens when someone changes shape. Absolutely fascinating." He stretched out, and smirked at her. "You really should change more. I like this new, enthusiastic you. Much better than that sarcastic grouch you were outside. No offense," he said, obviously waiting for a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:17 am

Autumn pursed her lips, furrowing her brow. "Yeah well don't get used to it. I don't change shape very often anymore. Mostly because there's always people around to catch you. But the doorman goes on break at this time and there was no one around, except you," she explained. She pushed the door open and made her way down the hallway. "And just because you say "No offense" doesn't mean it's not offensive," she chimed, stopping in front of her door. Room 403. There were only four apartments on each floor, so they were rather large. She slipped her key into the lock and let the door swing open. She tossed her bag full of things on the nearby couch. The room they had just entered was a family room of sorts. There was a couch and a chair that faced a small coffee table and a television set. It was a spacious room, for an apartment that is. Next to it, through a large arched doorway, was the kitchen. It was big enough, enough to fit two moving around comfortably. "Family room, kitchen, bathroom down the hall, bedroom, and then studio across the hall from it," she said, deciding to give a small layout of the apartment. "You can make yourself at home," she said, plopping down on the couch.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:30 am

LEVI MEREDITH

Levi chuckled a bit when she commented on his, "No offense" bit. "Only joking, only joking." After hearing her rundown of the apartment, he shrugged, and decided to poke around a bit. First he ventured into the kitchen, peeking into the cabinets and drawers curiously. Pulling a sharp, small kitchen knife from it's place in a holder, he eyed it cautiously, before sliding it into another drawer, hiding it from view. Next, he skipped her bedroom and went straight to the studio. To Levi, bedrooms were considered private, so he decided to keep out of her business. He had no right to provoke her, especially when she had been kind enough to allow him to come into her home. Levi may have been a flirt, but he had his own respect for others. After a quick glance at the studio, he returned to the family room and Autumn, a grin on his face. "I like it here. It's...cozy, I guess. Still, I won't overstay my welcome. I'll be gone before it hits midnight." Despite her graciousness, he knew that she would have no need for visitors, or roommates. She lived alone, and he didn't want to disturb that balance.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:41 am

Autumn snorted, shaking her head. "Yeah...cosy. It's cheap, and the owner accepts my "I'm a poor runaway with bad parents" story, so I have even cheaper rent," she said, folding her arms behind her head. "You can stay however long you want. The couch pulls out into a bed. The studio was a second bedroom, but I decided to use it as a work space for my art instead," she explained. Autumn leaned back, kicking her feet up onto the coffee table. She had removed her shoes to reveal her brightly colored, striped socks. She yawned, brushing her hair from her face. "So how old are you? And I mean how are you really?" she asked, turning her to her companion for the evening. It was strange, having someone else to talk to. Usually she would just find an animal wandering around outside and invite them in for a chat, but that was the extent of her communication. But having someone that she held more than a five minute conversation with was a change for her, since she was normally a social outcast.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:02 am

LEVI MEREDITH

When she asked about his age, he inhaled deeply, nearly forgetting what to tell her. How old had he been when he was turned? Seventeen? Eighteen? It was all a jumble in his head, as if the past few years had completely flown by. "Nineteen," he said, realizing that he had nearly lost grasp of himself. "I was seventeen when I was bitten, though." Levi stared downwards, squeezing his hands together, examining the flawless, pale skin. He hated it; he truly did. Ever since that fateful day on his seventeenth birthday, he had been alone. Alone forever. He would always be in solitude, forced to travel, never settling down. "It was my seventeenth birthday. My friend Jeremy thought it'd be cool to go vandalize this rundown hospital. I was all for it, so we broke into the place with a cans of spray paint. We thought we were so cool..." Levi brushed some hair from his eyes, staring up at the roof. "They attacked in a group of seven. Jeremy was completely devoured. They left nothing. I was lucky enough to escape."

"At least, I thought so. That was until I realized I had been bitten. At first it was amazing. Never having to worry about my looks, my health; it was perfect. But the sun...oh man, the sun. I couldn't even go outside, and if I did, I would blister instantly. It would burn my skin, so quickly that if I were to jump outside and then inside, I would be covered in burns." Levi rubbed his arms, as if the burns were still there. Just thinking back to his first year as a Vampire was horrid, and he had no desire to continue. He felt as if he owed her, though. Besides, she had spilled her guts earlier. "I had to fake sick, and soon my parents came to believe that I had some kind of odd disease. The feeding was the worst though. If I didn't get blood into my system ever few weeks or so, I would develop this horrible seizures, that would shake my body and cause to go comatose for days on end. Of course, this only increased my parent's belief that I was in the midst of some new pathogen."

Levi laughed a weak, halfhearted laugh. "Soon after that I fed from the Angel, and gained the sunlight gift. That was a relief; I couldn't fake too much longer, especially with all the doctors stunned and confused. So, I took the opportunity, and I ran. I didn't even leave behind a note." He tousled his hair, sadness showing in his eyes. He had always wondered what they thought of him after that; he never had the heart to return, though.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Autumn listened intently to his story. She could see the pain as he spoke, and she felt sorry for him. 'Ha, me...feeling sorry for a Vampire... That's a new one,' she thought. But somehow, he seemed different than the others she'd met. He hadn't immediately tried to attack her. "You just have to believe that you made the right decision..." she said after he was finished, attempting to comfort him. SHe had never been very good at comforting people, it made her feel quite awkward. But she tried her best. "I left my family, too. No note, no notice... I hated Philadelphia. I wanted to see new places. To have adventure and excitement and experience everything that I could. Turns out, after some things happen, they all become the same... I can't stay here much longer. I've been living here for about three years, now. People start to notice that I look the same..." she said, turning her gaze to the window. She could see her reflection in the glass, since it was dark outside. Autumn let out a sigh and abruptly rose to her feet. She took a step towards Levi, embracing him in a comforting hug for a moment before she stepped back again. SHe shrugged her shoulders and gave an innocent smile. "You looked like you could use a hug...and a friend. I'm here if you ever need me," she said, patting his shoulder before she plopped down onto the couch again.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:31 pm

LEVI MEREDITH

If Levi's blood still flowed, his cheeks would have turned a light crimson color. As she spoke, and patted his shoulder, he smiled grimly. "Actually, there is something you could help me with." He smiled apologetically at her, deciding how he would phrase his request. "Well, I er...I need a place to stay for a bit, and you did say that I could stay as long as I want; there's also a bit more to it, though." Levi shifted uneasily, unsure of how she would react to his question. "Around midnight or so, I'll probably have to handle some business in the city. It'd be helpful if you could leave a window, or something like that open. If you don't want to, that's fine. I'll just...go somewhere else." He cleared his throat, nodded, and grinned at her. "Well then, we've gotten rather cozy, eh? I've never really told anyone all that before. It feels nice to get some things off my chest." Levi stretched again, then glanced around, realizing he was still standing. Moving forward, he sat down beside Autumn so that he still faced her.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Autumn couldn't help but crack a smile. She nodded her head tucking a strand of hair back behind her ear. She rose to her feet and walked over to the window beside her. It was about 9:00pm now, and soon she'd be heading off to do her nightly remedies. She flipped the lock on the window and pushed it open. A cool, nightly breeze blew past the flowing curtains and into the apartment. She turned back to Levi and, without a word, made her way down the hallway. She was back in a moment with sheets and pillows for him to use while he slept. "The couch pulls out. Just take off the cushions, move the table, and pull the black tab and you'll have yourself a bed," she explained. She set the blankets and pillows on the chair next to the couch before she plopped back onto the couch. She saw so she was facing Levi and folded her legs underneath her body. "So, if you don't mind my asking, why'd you choose to be so helpful to me in the first place?" she asked, tilting her head to the side like a curious puppy.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Admin
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:31 pm

LEVI MEREDITH

Levi watched as she moved around, fixing things up for later. His face lit up as she sat back down, and he pondered her question. Enthusiastically, he hugged her, pulling back and gripping her shoulders. Grinning, he said, "Thanks, Kitten!" He emphasized the second word just for her noticing. Releasing her, he crossed his arms, thinking. "As for your question..." He leaned back into the couch, crossing his hands behind his head casually. "I dunno. You intrigued me, so I took a chance. It didn't hurt too much, though, did it?" Levi flashed a toothy smile, before staring up at the roof again. "You also remind me of someone I knew." He spoke the sentence quietly, as if he wasn't ready to share that yet. Disregarding what he had just said, however, he returned to his upright position, letting his elbows rest on his knees. "I'm not sure why I helped you so much, honestly."
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Autumn sucked in a breath and bit her tongue when she was, once again, referred to as "Kitten". Her brow furrowed a bit and she frowned. "You know...I can't seem to figure out whether or not you actually mean that as a term of endearment, or if you're just doing it to get on my nerves," she mused, narrowing her eyes. She cracked a grin at the end and decided to let the name go since there was no use fretting about it. Autumn copied his movements, resting her elbows on her knees and propping her head up in her hands. She grinned, jokingly wiggling her eyebrows. "You were just impressed by my shapeshifting abilities, weren't you?" she asked. However, it was obvious she was simply teasing him. Autumn laughed lightly, shaking her head at her own strange humor.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]   The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Autumn and Levi: Part 1, Autumn in the spring. [p r i v a t e- To Rempy]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next